Tuition & Aid
Let’s talk tuition. Our School Board and Administration have worked hard to keep tuition as affordable as possible for as many families as possible. In addition, both a discount program and a tuition assistance program are available for current families where applicable. For the 2017-2018 school year, the tuition rates at SMSA will be as follows:
Tuition Assistance and Scholarships
As tuition does not cover the entirety of what it costs to educate our students, in effect, every family at SMSA receives financial assistance. (That’s why your generous participation in our fundraising and development programs is so vital!) But, SMSA also makes every effort to provide further financial assistance in the form of scholarships to those families who qualify. Several forms of assistance are currently available. Please click on the links to learn more about each.
Guardian Angel scholarships from SMSA for children in grades Kindergarten through Grade 8. These scholarships — which vary in amount — are funded by the school and by generous donors who want to help provide a Catholic education to local children. In order to be considered, you must be registered with FACTS Tuition Management and fill out the FACTS financial aid application before April 15. To register with FACTS (or to access your existing FACTS account) go to factsmgmt.com. For further instructions on how to apply for tuition assistance through FACTS, click here.
Scholarships from the Albany Diocese. These scholarships include:
Kenneth and Thelma Lally Partnership in Education Scholarships. The Albany Diocese generally awards Lally scholarships of $750 to one or two families per year in each diocesan school. Students must be enrolled in Grades 1-8. In order to be considered, SMSA families must be registered with FACTS and must fill out the online FACTS financial aid application. Deadline to apply is April 15.
Beacon of Hope Scholarships. These Scholarships of $1,500 each are awarded through the Albany Diocese to students registered in grades 1-8. To be considered, families must be registered with FACTS and must complete the online FACTS financial aid application. In addition, families must annually submit a separate Beacon of Hope scholarship application and ask their Principal to submit a Principal’s application as well. Deadline to apply is April 1.
Please note: Beacon of Hope and Lally awards are not in addition to any aid awarded by the school.
Each K-8 family is responsible for a $100 mandatory fundraising commitment. Choices are as follows:
- Full participation by selling five raffle calendars at $20 each.
- If a family does not wish to participate in the sale of calendars: pay $100, billed on or about 1/1/18.
PK and Noah’s Ark family participation is voluntary and appreciated.
K-8 families are responsible for 20 hours of time per family per year to assist SMSA save or make money througha variety of activities. Families who do not wish to participate may buy out of this commitment by paying $500, to be billed on or about 9/1/17. PK and Noah’s Ark families are not required to participate in the Service Commitment, however, your participation is always welcomed and appreciated.
Programs to Reduce Cost:
- Pay-in-Full Discount:
- $300 savings, applicable to the first two children in the family, for all K-8 families paying all costs by 5/1/17, exclusive of registration fees due 3/3/17.
- $100 savings for Pre-K families paying all costs by 5/1/17, exclusive or registration fee due 3/3/17.
- Kindergarten Discount:
- $1000 savings on tuition if enrolling from Noah’s Ark or Pre-K, applicable to the first two children in the family only.
- Multiple child discount: See tuition schedule.
- Referral Credit:
- $2000 tuition credit per family for referring a new family to SMSA
- $500 tuition credit per family for referring a new family to PK or Noah’s Ark
- New families must meet SMSA’s usual admissions criteria.
- Your name must be noted on the new student enrollment form.
Payment: Each preK through Grade 8 family is responsible for making timely payments in accordance with the payment plan selected through FACTS Tuition Management Program. For more information about our tuition policy, click here.