We Can’t Do It Without You
Your gift to SMSA goes into action almost immediately, changing children’s lives, whether by providing them with a broader education, a more comfortable classroom or the tuition assistance their struggling families need. Here’s a sample of the impact donors’ gifts have had here in recent years:
Guardian Angel gifts have helped provide tuition assistance to scores of students, making it possible for them to continue to attend SMSA!
Annual Fund gifts have helped:
- Expand our foreign language program so that it now begins with our students in pre-school and includes instruction in both French and Spanish;
- Rent the Charles R. Wood Theater for SMSA Players’ sold-out musical productions that garner rave reviews from the community;
- Purchase new uniforms for the Kerry Blue sports teams; and
- Provide our faculty with professional development.
Cornerstone Project gifts have helped:
- Paint and carpet every classroom in the school;
- Furnish the third-floor classrooms and replace the lockers, creating a brand new middle school for sixth-, seventh- and eighth-graders;
- Put new floor, sound, lighting, paint and acoustical panels in the gym;
- Purchase modern, efficient equipment for the kitchen;
- Convert a storage room back into a science lab, allowing us to offer a high-school level class in Regents Living Environment (biology);
- Convert an unused room into a clay studio, allowing us to offer art students a chance to work with clay;
- Plant a lush new lawn on which the children can play; and
- Buy new playground equipment and fencing to keep the children safe.
Future @ Their Fingertips gifts have made it possible for us to provide our students with 21st century skills by helping us purchase and install:
- New desktop computers in the technology lab;
- New Chromebooks in the library/media center; and
- Wireless internet connectivity throughout the building.